Tuesday, January 12, 2010

eh... mind change

so for start of semester "resolutions" I kind of want to add and switch.
The hour of work idea was a good idea on principle but in actuality I'm not sure how it makes sense, just because what if I have more work... I don't know, sorry that wasn't coherent really. But basically - I'm nixing it and replacing it. Instead I'm going to say that I should read non-academic materials for AT LEAST 1/2 and hour a day. Except (tentatively) thursdays and sundays.

here is a list of books that are on my recreational reading list. aka, books that I own and have bought compulsively even though I totally don't have the time to read them (and can't afford to just keep buying books like that!)

In no particular order (except the 1st)
1. finish - Beloved - Toni Morrison
2. Comitted - Elizabeth Gilbert
3. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings - Maya Angelou
4. A Thousand Splendid Suns - Khaled Hosseini
5. The Tales of Beedle the Bard - J.K. Rowling
6. Thank G-d for Evolution - Michael Dowd
7. About a Boy - Nick Hornby
8. A Good Man is Hard to Find - Flannery O'Connor
9. Free for All - Joe Papp, The Public, and the Greatst theater Story Ever Told - Kenneth Turan & Joseph Pap
10. The Metamorphosis - Franz Kafka
11. Fully Empowered - Pablo Neruda
12. Night - Elie Wiesel
13. A prophetic Minority - Jack Newfield
14. I Married a Communist - Philip Roth
15. The Fellowship of the Ring - J.R.R. Tolkien
16. Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk

so that's a nice mix of Fiction, Non-Fiction, Poetry, Short Stories, whatever...
I have a few others lying around, but this should keep me busy for a while. I guess I'll probably bring about 5 of those up to school to start since I'll be so busy, I doubt I'll finish all of them even before the next time i'm home.

Also, I know I hate resolutions, but I feel really out of shape and NEED to work out. I need a push of motivation. Suggestions Highly welcomed.

No comments: