Wednesday, December 23, 2009

blahg

i used to love blogging, but now i honestly find it such a hassle and so... well, contrived. I don't know. I think I loved it back in the day on Xanga when EVERYONE had a xanga, and if you didn't have a xanga, you had a live journal.... and everyone READ everyone's xanga. REALLY read, commented, was interested, couldn't wait for their friends to write the next post, actively took silly quizzes and surveys, I don't know... the whole xanga community thing just worked...

But that's all died. No one reads anyone else's blog anymore, at least I don't think so. It just seems like they skim through and leave comments in hopes that the favor will be returned. Hell, I'm guilty of that from time to time. I don't know, I guess I just like to know that I have readers and that they care what I have to say, because otherwise what's the point of a blog, right? If I wanted to write to just myself I would do that in my journal.

I don't know, I'm not really sure what I'm getting at, i just feel like we've ventured far out into a world of apathy.

1 comment:

Katie said...

XANGA!!!!!

I had a Xanga. Awesome city.