Sunday, November 8, 2009

me

I've been thinking a lot about change, about self, about personality. In an imaginary dialogue (I have those a lot) with an old friend, I said to him, "you know, I've changed a lot since you last saw me, I'm not the same girl I was in 8th grade." But even though I've changed, I'm still "me." But who am I? and how exactly have I changed?

Well for one thing I've become more confident, less sensitive, less prude, more artistic, less religious, more spiritual, less of a pushover, less naive, a little more critical, less optimistic, more realistic, less materialistic, more adventurous.

But I'm still generous, I still think of others before myself, I'm still really quirky, still passionate, still paranoid (though I'm hoping that one isn't innate and can change.)

The other day, I put these thoughts to the test. I saw on mediabistro.com an event in London, Schmooze and Booze, a networking happy hour at a bar in shoredich for journalists ad PR reps. I went alone, not knowing a soul, not knowing what to expect and had an amazing time. I met tons of people, had a few drinks, just was completely myself. Because what did I have to lose? I was never going to see these people again! I would love to do stuff like that more often.

No comments: