Monday, November 2, 2009

alrighty then

I've been working on a few blog posts (on paper) and i realized that I do not need to write about every single little detail about every single trip but an overview and highlights is probably less boredom inducing and more importantly (since this is my blog so i can be a little selfish) a hell of a lot less strenuous to write.

That being said, The rest of Berlin, Paris, Nice, and Liverpool updates are soon to come but now what I do best... a blog on thoughts.

So the semester is already more than 1/2 way through, which is quite scary actually, and a bit sad. I've been trying to take as much advantage as I can of being here. I want to travel a lot because I never have before and there are so many places that I want to see, but I don't want to go home thinking "I can't believe I didn't do [such and such] while I was living in London for 4 months." So right now is really about taking advantage of everything.

That being said, I came to London wanting to change, I wanted to come home having changed for the better in lots of different ways. So midway through I ask myself, well? have I changed? What has this experience done for me? Is there room in the few weeks I have left for further self-improvement? Is it possible to have gotten nothing out of it besides a good time? Hell, i pray Emerson was wrong on that one.

My guess is there's no way to know until I get home and the best bet is to use the little time I have left to motivate myself to strive further.

I do know one thing though, I think the travelling and little tid bits of facts here and there have really increased my curiosity. There is so much that I want to learn, so much that I want to know.

I want to learn how speak french fluently.
I want to know more about WWII, fascism, and the holocaust.
I want to know more about the History of the Beatles.
I want to learn how to play guitar.
I want to learn to cook better.
I want to learn more about my heritage and genealogy.
I want to learn about holistic medicine.
I want to learn massage therapy.
I want to know more about theatre.
I don't know, those are just the first random things I could think of off the top of my head.

And so much I want to do and see. and be.
I have developed a yearning for learning. (I'm sorry, I just had to put the corny rhyme in there)

No comments: