Wednesday, February 18, 2009

tragedy

Article in the Daily News
Article in the New York Post
NBC article and Video

* MOST RECENT *

Its weird for something to hit so close to home yet be so distant at the same time. I didn't know him, but I know people who did. I knew who he was. It's shocking, frightening, heart wrenching. It's really an awful thing. Yet I feel like I should be more affected by it and feel awful that I'm not. Perhaps it just hasn't hit me yet how real this is.

One thing that this did do was make me feel a connection with my high school again. Dalton truly is a community. Everyone I know made their status "my thoughts are with the dalton community" or "sending my love to Dalton." Such an incredible support system, it angers me that people blame the school for this tragic event. I worry about the 4th graders too, who were at recess when this occurred. It must have been so scarring. This is something they are going to remember for the rest of their lives.

My thoughts are with dalton, with him, his family, his friends, and everyone who was affected by this horrible incident. R.I.P.

no video today.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Isn't it awful that it takes a tragedy to make us realize how close we all are to one another and how to truly appreciate each other?

Amelia said...

I definitely agree. I almost feel guilty commenting on how nice it is that everyone has come together in this event. I mean, its a wonderful thing, but its hard to put positive connotations in correlation with an event like this.