Monday, November 24, 2008

yay analogies

This morning i felt like one of those popsicles that has a hard chocolate shell on the outside and vanilla ice cream in the middle.
 
This is what I mean... I have been stressed out enough as is, and I have just been so frustrated with computers and everything that I do getting deleted that I've begun to build a shell, almost feel numb about anything else that goes wrong. Someone complimented how calm I was being about a situation, but I was only calm because I was so overwhelmed that I wasn't even thinking about it. So I think of this ice cream as my vulnerability. I've built this shell up against any small extra thing that might occur, but if something were strong enough to severely puncture it or if enough small things joined together and built up, the ice cream would surface and I would be a complete mess.

Now that I have handed in my project though, I feel a little bit better. 

I feel like this blog has been going all sorts of weird directions, but hey, that's okay. It's my blog I can do whatever I want with it, and if you don't like it then don't read it. But I hope you do like it. Does anyone read this anyway? I like comments. A lot. They make me happy, show me some one is actually paying attention. I like that. 

I don't know if I'm more excited about going home to new york or about the fact that this dreadful week will finally be over and I will have some time off. Just two more classes to get through. You can do this, Amelia. 

In other news I am now an official brother of APO, these are my letters, they're pretty and I love them :-)
 For those of you who don't know APO (Alpha Phi Omega) is a co-ed community service fraternity that I pledged this semester. And honestly I couldn't be happier with it. Everyone in APO is so amazing. I mean I figure you have to be at least somewhat nice if you're joining a service organization, right? But seriously it's really just what I needed. It has that sense of community and brotherhood without all the drama and materialism that some (NOT ALL!) sororities possess. This really was the perfect organization for me to join and I'm so glad that I did. If anyone has this at their schools I would highly recommend looking into it. 

The most amazing time was a couple weeks ago, we played kickball against the Binghamton chapter of APO (theta kappa, I believe) and it was raining out we played on the quad in the mud, we looked absolutely vile by the time we were done, but it was honestly the most intense game ever and we all had so much fun.

And also I've always loved doing community service. Anyone who knows me can attest to (for?) the fact that I care a lot about other people and want to spend my time helping them in any way I can. And honestly, what better way than to do it with friends? No. brothers! 

I can't wait to get closer to everyone and I'm so excited to get a little next semester. There is so much ahead of me with this, I just hope that I don't fall behind in work by doing APO stuff instead. Shouldn't be a problem though because I have a very easy schedule next semester. 

1 comment:

melissa said...

i was in a sorority in college, best decision i ever made! not only is the community service aspect great, but i had about fifty girls who had my back through thick and thin. i still talk to all the ones i pledged with and graduated with. and i have a little 4 now!