Sunday, October 5, 2008

Because I'm not doing work anyway...

Sky
It's not that often that a friend comes along and changes your thought, your point of view, your life. And when this happens it is a very special thing and should not be taken advantage of. I don't think that Stef realizes how much of an impact she has had on my art and my way of thinking. 

Stef is a very beautiful human being. She is humble, she is modest, and most importantly she cares about the happiness of others. She reminds me of how I used to be and how I want to be again. Thank you, Stef, for reminding that there are people in this world who aren't selfish.

Thank you for reminding me to appreciate the beauty in this world. Thank you for making me look at the sky
.


Art
I miss taking art classes.  I can't remember the last time that I used water colors. Water coloring is one of my favorite media. There is so much you can do with it. I am not one of those paint-a-white-canvas-white-modern-artists. By any stretch. I will be the first to admit that many of my abstract designs have no symbolic meaning. But, I think that they say something about the artist. I mean, they have to. I came up with whatever it is that i drew so therefore subconsciously it has to resemble something that I have seen somewhere. Sort of like dreams. I find dreams incredibly fascinating, I think they can tell a lot about a person or at least his or her emotions. But yes, watercolor. I love how they just flow and mixing colors is the best. There is such an array of beautiful combinations that you can create. 

I define myself as an artist. That doesn't mean I do art professionally, it means that I see things artistically. The only thing that makes me happier than creating art is creating art with a purpose. I am a believer that art can change the world. Since I don't have art in my schedule I doodle like crazy. Sometimes when I am drawing instead of doing my homework I ask myself "what am i doing? why am i not studying art?" At the risk of sounding immodest, sometimes I feel like by not pursuing an art career I am wasting my talent. But art will always be a part of my life. I know that I will never stop creating and I wouldn't have it any other way. 

YI would also like to thank Meg for inspiring me to start writing again, and to keep making artY

1 comment:

Stef said...

Those pictures are amazing and stole my breath, just like your words. Thank you. <3

P.S. HELP ME WITH LOTTO!!! (totally kidding)